The one inescapable fact of all non-profit humane organizations is the constant need for funds. We know that running a shelter is a business, so we are very focused on developing sound and professional fundraising strategies to raise much needed funds.
Personal contact is our tried-and-true means of gaining major donations. We have also developed wonderfully imaginative and amusing ways to raise money and goodwill with special events.
Stray Hearts Animal Shelter of Taos' goal is to ensure all animals a life that is free of suffering and pain by educating people on proper animal care, by speaking out against animal cruelty, and offering prevention of unwanted animals through spay/neutering.
Stray Hearts Animal Shelter of Taos is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) and all donations are tax deductible. You can be assured that your donation will go to where it is needed most - directly to help the animals.
Humane Society of Taos, Inc. Public Disclosure
"It takes everyone working together to provide a safety net of care
for the homeless dogs and cats in our community."
"The well being of the animals rely on the generosity of people like you!"
* Our Live Release Rate (# animals leaving the shelter alive/# of live animals taken into the shelter) was 91% for dogs & 78% for cats, for an overall live release rate of 87%
* 409 dogs and 111 cats received care in our community clinics
* 1192 dogs and 480 cats were taken into our shelter
* 325 dogs and 314 cats were adopted
* 481 dogs and 26 cats were transferred to no-kill shelters in Colorado and Albuquerque
* 245 dogs and 11 cats were returned to their owners
* 25 animals arrived at the shelter DOA and 61 were so ill when they reached Stray Hearts that they died shortly after arriving despite our best efforts.
* 27 dogs & cats were euthanized for a euthanasia rate of <2%
* Volunteers contributed 12,557.17 hours walking & training dogs, socializing cats and dogs, assisting with fundraising and office activities, transporting animals to other shelters and much more.